an idea about the forum

Posted by: TurkeyBacon

an idea about the forum - 01/13/08 10:48 AM

Hey all,
I was noticing this morning that the make your own gear projects page has not been updated in quite a while. I know there are some concepts that are not on the page (a sleeping bag/quilt in particular). As someone who has posted a project to the page I understand how hard it is to make directions and it got me thinking...
Can we just have stickys at the top of the page with the following headings "post your backpack(sleeping bag/tarp/stove) here". That way we could just post pictures of our projects (or someone else's) and not have to worry about directions. If someone has questions or wants more info, then we could just ask them in a new post.
Anybody else think this would make sence?
Scott
Posted by: KYratshooter

Re: an idea about the forum - 01/13/08 12:25 PM

Perhaps admin could create a section of approved tutorials.
Posted by: hootyhoo

Re: an idea about the forum - 01/13/08 01:56 PM

I think you are on to something. I would rather post a breif and some pics and then answer questions. Most folks know how to do basics and in that situation I would only be expounding on some trick or idea that I had when I made my project. Not that I ever have tricks or ideas, but someday I might and that would make it easier. That does make sense.