arcteryx arrakis 40 backpach inside plane cabin

Posted by: alaa el sheikh

arcteryx arrakis 40 backpach inside plane cabin - 09/03/09 11:52 AM

hello everyone,my question is if i could carry with me the arcteryx arrakis 40 as a carry on inside a plane cabin,thanks.
Posted by: a87milano

Re: arcteryx arrakis 40 backpach inside plane cabin - 09/03/09 03:21 PM

Call the airline you will use, they will give you the size restrictions for carry on bags.
Posted by: kevonionia

Re: arcteryx arrakis 40 backpach inside plane cabin - 09/04/09 12:54 AM

smirk smirk Welcome fellow backpacker from cuba -- could be a first. I've got several friends from Miami that bp with me and would technically be called Cuban Americans, but none in Cuba.

How'd you get the pack? I guess that embargo we got for American products being sold (trolled) in Cuba is getting pretty lax.

Not sure what this has got to do with MYOG, but anyway, as long as your pack is less than around 50 pounds, it should be able to fit and be taken onboard any major airline in the US without a problem.

BTW, I just saw that pack on Steep & Cheap for $149, about a third its original price. But they only deliver to the US -- and then most online retailers aren't willing to deal with that whole embargo thing, unless alaa el sheikh, you're at Gitmo. smirk smirk
Posted by: phat

Re: arcteryx arrakis 40 backpach inside plane cabin - 09/04/09 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By kevonionia

How'd you get the pack? I guess that embargo we got for American products being sold (trolled) in Cuba is getting pretty lax.

Arcteryx is actually owned by Mountain Equipment Coop (MEC) - A canadian company smile We don't have any problem trading with Cuba.

And For What it's worth, I've had problems taking 40L bags as carry on - it depends on the airline, you need to call them.

I usually put my backpack in checked luggage to avoid problems, both with size issues and the fact that I usually have a knife and lighter and other little things that carry on sercurity will not let me take on the plane. Often it's worth carrying a thin duffel bag to stuff the backpack inside so that the baggage handling equipment doesn't catch on straps and damage things.

Do be careful not to take stove fuel (gasoline, or canisters) on the airplane. That you will usually have to buy at your destination.