GG virga question, also applies to golite's jam2

Posted by: jorgoz

GG virga question, also applies to golite's jam2 - 02/10/09 10:02 AM

I'm thinking of buying a new pack but have a question for the diy'ers.

Would it be possible to attacht a decent aftermarket hipbelt on the Granite gear virga or the golite jam2 (pre 2009) ?

I'm more inclined to go with the virga, as this one has load-lifters.
Posted by: Roocketman

Re: GG virga question, also applies to golite's jam2 - 02/10/09 11:34 AM

Here is information on modifying a GoLite Jam2 including putting on a different hipbelt.

http://www.backpacking-lite.co.uk/diy/golite-jam-extreme-makeover.html
Posted by: phat

Re: GG virga question, also applies to golite's jam2 - 02/10/09 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By jorgoz
I'm thinking of buying a new pack but have a question for the diy'ers.

Would it be possible to attacht a decent aftermarket hipbelt on the Granite gear virga or the golite jam2 (pre 2009) ?

I'm more inclined to go with the virga, as this one has load-lifters.

I've got a virga, and it has a hipbelt on it - but more just a strap. however, with the kind of loads you carry in a virga if
you have a decent sleeping pad in it providing some load support I can not imagine you actually needing a "decent hipbelt" - it's just not necessary. Personally I love mine, and it certainly doesn't need any more hipbelt than it has.

If you really wanted more it wouldn't be a difficult project to beef up what's there I don't think. but I'd try it first.

Re: GG virga question, also applies to golite's jam2 - 02/11/09 12:21 PM

Thx for the link.

I was thinking of adding a sleeve at the bottom of the pack to receive the souped up hipbelt, i like myself a couple of hipbelt pockets cool

Re: GG virga question, also applies to golite's jam2 - 02/11/09 12:24 PM

Thx for your input. I hope i land a deal on a virga through the board here. I'll definitly try it before i start adding a padded hipbelt. But i really like me some hipbelt pockets, and that seems a bit awkward to do with the webbing belt standard on the virga.