Ripstop nylon for sale

Posted by: hoz

Ripstop nylon for sale - 01/09/09 09:51 AM

Coated, 61 inch wide ripstop nylon. Green with black reinforcement threads.

Not sure of coating but turns water from a spray bottle (beads and runs off) and holds water (2 oz) when suspended over a cup.

Unsure of weight, looks like 2.2 oz.

$2.50 a yard. 3 yard minimum. $6.00 shipping up to 5 yards.

Sold as seconds but can't find anything wrong with material.

PM or email if interested.

hoz49 at hotmail dot com
Posted by: sabre11004

Re: Ripstop nylon for sale - 01/15/09 03:30 PM

That's a pretty good deal on rip-stop nylon. You said that it was 2.2 oz. Is that with the coating or without? I have a 1.1 oz silnylon tarp that I made out of nylon bought as seconds and I never did see where it was defective at all. This stuff is super light weight and super strong. I have had it pulled very very tight in some pretty high winds and it has never failed me once. The tarp is 10X12 and can be stuff in a stuff sack the size of a coffee can. I purchased the silnylon from Olan Mills as "seconds" but no where in this material is there any flaw what-so-ever that I could find.. It packs so well that in climate weather I have carried them both with no issues at all. I think that I paid 4.20 per yard (61" wide)..sabre11004...

The first step that you take will be one of those that get you there !!!!!!

Re: Ripstop nylon for sale - 01/15/09 03:56 PM

2.2 includes coating.

Re: Ripstop nylon for sale - 01/15/09 04:58 PM

You sure about "Olan Mills"? They are photographers...
Posted by: sabre11004

Re: Ripstop nylon for sale - 01/17/09 08:17 PM

No actually I am not sure about the name but I do think that it was Olan "something". I think that I also saw someone post up about the same web site and they had the name correct. I have bought some much stuff there I can't believe that I forgot the name of the place. Any way they have all kinds of stuff from hardware to sail cloth and all kinds of high-tec fabrics for sale. If I run into the correct name I will post it here so every one can take advantage of the stuff...sabre11004...

The first step that you take will be one of those that get you there !!!!!

Re: Ripstop nylon for sale - 01/31/09 10:15 AM

Sold out, only remnant pieces left. Looking for another access.
Posted by: GipsiChick

Re: Ripstop nylon for sale - 02/20/09 02:10 PM

What do you have left? Is it a light green or a dark green?

Re: Ripstop nylon for sale - 02/21/09 11:57 AM

I would call it "bright" green. Not dark, not light. Looks the color of the green light on a stop/go light.

I have several pieces what do you need?

email me at

hoz49 at hotmail dot com