Christmas Presents...

Posted by: scottmphoto

Christmas Presents... - 12/24/08 10:50 PM

Merry Christmas to everybody.

I know these have been around for a while but I just discovered them--> http://www.instructables.com/id/Paracord-Bracelet-with-Monkey-Fist-Button/

Looks kind of cool and would be a great addition to my survival kit. I'm a Scoutmaster for one of my local Boy Scout troops and I REALLY believe in Being Prepared. I can't count the number of times that I have needed some cord...for whatever reason.
I am currently (tonight) making one of these for all the Scouts and adults in my Boy Scout troop as a Christmas present. I've got 12 boys and 7 other adults.
The first one took a little while but once I got it figured out (and made a few slight modifications), it's not taking very long at all. I started about 3 hours ago and am about half done.
I think the idea is "neat" and will make a great gift for the boys. It's homemade and the materials are inexpensive... so this Boy Scout is being "thrifty" as well.

Happy New Year, y'all.

Posted by: chaz

Re: Christmas Presents... - 12/25/08 03:31 PM

I like the chord bracelets and think they are cool for gifts. The chord could be used in emergencys but I think it's kinda short. Learning different knot tying skills is definatly worthwhile and fun. Check out www.animatedknots.com
Posted by: scottmphoto

Re: Christmas Presents... - 12/26/08 01:19 PM

Thanks, chaz.
I'll check out that site.

Posted by: finallyME

Re: Christmas Presents... - 12/29/08 12:05 AM

Well, I have found out that the best presents usually entail making it yourself. The recipient at least sees the effort you put into their gift, regardless if they like it or not. This is another one to add to the list of presents I can make for others. Thanks for the suggestion.