I did it! I completed the whole JMT...solo! It was super hard (for me)...and I worked so hard to do the best I could every day...and I did. It took me 24 days (funny reading the posts on breaking the 5 day record...). I confronted many new challenges that held some fear. I made Forester something scary in my mind...and then it was completely fine! ok...lots of breathing hard. I hike 1 mile an hour...up, down...sideways....so I hiked long and hard every day to meet my personal goals. I even ended 4 days ahead of schedule!(my partner was soooo proud of me!) I was on top of Whitney just last Tuesday! I am really proud of my accomplishments! Thanks to everyone for answering all of my questions and encouraging me right before I left (when my anxieties grew). I wonder if I saw any of you unknowingly on the trail. I was most often wearing a rainbow scarf, and had a bunny hanging off the back of my pack...and a sticker that said "Whitney Portal Or Bust!" I met a lot of great people (who passed me of course...hahahaha!) and was never really alone. i actually tried occasionally to be alone...hopeless on this trail! Anyway...while "light" was an aim...I have a lot more work in that direction to make that happen...sigh. I know I can continue to work towards that. Mostly...I want to say thank you soooo much to everyone on this forum!