I want to plan a 1-2 week backpacking trip beginning in Early June. I have a solid amount of experience backpacking (about 3 years worth), though I do not consider myself a master. But I also do other wilderness activities like white water raft, canoe/kayak, mountain climb. So I feel comfortable being on my own in the back country for a while.

This is also the first trip I will be leading/planning on my own (It is me and a couple of my friends). I have been out west to Eagle Cap Wilderness, Snake/Salmon river, Yellowstone. I am looking to go somewhere new!(If that's not a good idea, let me know).

Where would be a good place to do this trip? Out of a 10 scale of difficulty, I am looking for a 7-8. I was thinking about doing a leg or two of the Appalachian Trail or heading into the Sierras or Arizona.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to make fires, restock food every 4-5 days, minimize critters and insects (but hey, that's nature for ya), and be in warm climate. I like altitude too.

I appreciate any and all advice and suggestions! The more specific the better. smile

-J