I read sarbar's blog everyday and I'm constant amazed at the great trail cuisine she demonstrates. I keep thinking that one of these days I'll take the plunge and get a dehydrator and start making my own freezerbag dinners. At the moment I just do the lazy thing and get pre-packaged meals at REI. But as we all know this is a mixed bag. Not all brands are equal and even within each brand some meals are better than others.

So I thought we'd do a little poll here to find what lazy people like me like.

My current favorite is Mary Jane's Farm Organic Black Beans and Rice. I find it takes a little more water than the package asks for (it calls for 1 cup but 1 1/2 cups works better I think) but if I make that and carry some tortilla chips then I'm in heaven. My 6 year-old son who is the pickiest eater on earth loves it so I always get it when he comes along.

I don't like all of Mary Jane's Farm stuff. I wasn't thrilled with the Curry in a Hurry and I genuinely disliked the Sweet Red Bell Pepper Pasta but that just illustrates why we need a list like this. Not all offerings from any brand will be equally yummy.

So what's your favorite?