I'll be traveling in mid-August and plan on camping for maybe a few weeks; the other two weeks will be in hotels/hostels.

The only challenge is: I've never camped at all. Is this is big problem? What do I need to be aware of?

I'm planning to stay near (not on!) glaciers near Narsarsurq in southern Greenland, which are about three or four miles out of town.

I’ve reached out to the Danish Consulate (thank you–they were so helpful!); Greenland.com, a great tourist resource and web site; the local expedition and outfitter, Blue Ice; and a few others, to gather as much information as I can on the conditions, weather, local animal population (no polar bears but maybe arctic foxes?), cell reception (none outside Narsarsuaq), mosquitoes and the like.

Below is a link to equipment (it's also to a blog, listing some of the same questions mentioned above).
List

I guess the main question might be regarding the tent--which I've never set up before--but there are plenty others too.

1. I've love to get internet connectivity for safety and for my photo project but it's available only through very expensive satellite phone. Is this crucial?
2. Also, I'm thinking of GPS mapping app--recommendations?
3. Anything else to do or buy--again, since I've never done this before?

Edited by stevegiovinc (07/02/16 04:55 PM)