Hi everyone!
My name is Markbob and I am new to the forum.
I grew up in TX and spent a lot of time outdoors in Scouts. I am an Eagle Scout. After high school, I joined the Navy and lost touch with the camping/backpacking scene until recently but I did stay outdoors a lot with my passion for fishing.
I have 4 kids, the oldest is 7 and he is the reason I am jumping back into it...and I love it, just forgot how much. My oldest just joined Cubscouts and I am enjoying that with him and have taken him car camping twice and he loves it.
I live in SE GA now.
I joined the site for a couple of reasons. The biggest is that I saw that there is a kids section and I will be trolling it regularly to get ideas on how to handle different things with him and his cubscout buddies as I am the camping coordinator for his pack. I will also likely post with questions if I have any. When I get my girls into it (fraternal twins, 5yo) I am sure to have more questions.
Also, a lot seems to have changed in the past 10 years since I was heavy into it. I did a 50 miler in the Pecos Mountains in NM in high school with an external frame pack, apparently thats not the thing any more...and I don't recognize any of the brands of stuff any more...
Sooo...just thought I would introduce myself and say "hey".