So, a little about me... I'm a Marine serving as an instructor here in Virginia Beach Va (NAS OCEANA) and i want to take a trip somewhere within say 5 hrs away to do some backpacking / camping. i want to be 100% off the grid. ie.... some friends, some packs, a rifle or two for small game aka .22. now with that said... i want to be out in the wild for about a week. do some hiking and fishing and just basic living off the land kinda stuff. so, i'll need somewhere to park my Jeep thats semi-secure (i mean its a Jeep right? there is NO SECURE place) anyhow.... i want to be able to wander into the woods or hills and just disappear for the week. now i do have some hiking and camping experience but haven't been in a few years.... maybe this is my mid-life crisis?? anyhow... any suggestions would be useful!!!!! also, if you guys have an idea for a packing list that would be helpful too!!!!!! so far research i have done so far lead me to the AT but i don't know where to start and the laws here in VA....