First off, I'm new here, so hello! I'm looking forward to getting some great information along with sharing some exciting experiances. One of my less exciting experiances is when I went hiking/camping with the scouts on the AT. The trip was succesful but we did get a good period of rain. I got home unpacked set up my tent and set it up to air out and began with some regular house hold activities. Well I had a bite to eat and sat down on the couch for a couple minutes, two hours later I awake to a torrential down pour. I thought ok it'll be sunny for the rest of the week, I'll leave to dry out. Day after day usually right before I got home it would rain again. Now I finally got my tent dried out but my trees, mostly tulip and black birches, left this lovely black residue all over my fly. Up until now I have babied this tent. I want to clean this off but I do not want to do anything to compromise the fly either, so I figured I'd ask for other peoples experience and opinions in this. Thanks-AJ