So I just made an impulse purchase. I pickd up a platypus hoser 2.0L I've always just carried 2nalgene bottles in the side pockets of mg pack in the past. And now I'm contemplating the different ways of carrying this thing .

So far my current thoughts are that I could hang it in the sleeve and use the hydration port. Provided in my pack. The cons to this that I see are that you have to open pack to check how full the bladder is. In the event of failure my down bag could essentialy be soaked. And to refill i have todis connect it from loop and pull it out of the pack.

My second option that I'm kinda leaning towards is to close the main pack bag via draw string and set bladder in the extension collar. The cons to this is that the water weight would ride high in pack. And in the event of failure it could still leak down in to my bag. It would however be easier to check and refill.

My third option is to carry in one of side pockets . My only fear about this is I'm pretty ruff around the edges and have been known to barrell through just about any thicket if only to see what's on the otherside . So I'm sure i would eventually puncture it.

And last but not least I could put it in shoveit pocket on back I worried this would make the pack pull back a lot as the weight would be so far from my back. And I like all the other stuff I keep in that in that pocket .

I'm really just curious to how some users have decided to carry theres. As ill be doing some experimentation the next couple days and will post my results.