So I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to register. I've done a few trips with friends, mostly borrowing gear, and have decided this is something I enjoy and now want to get my own gear. From what I've read on here I've already got most of the big things out of the way, but am having trouble putting together a good clothing list that won't be overpacking.
What I have so far is
synthethic jacket that's also water resistant
hiking shorts and pants
fleece beanie
boots / trail runners depending on where I'm going
a fleece jacket
wool base layer that's a little heavy for anything above 70 (I normally just wear it as a shirt),
camp sandals
and a couple pairs of wool socks
I know I'm seriously lacking in the rain gear department and need some other things, just not sure what I should be looking at for a comprehensive list. Most of my weekend trips will be in so cal/los angeles area, so rarely below 40s and up to 90s, but will also want to be taking some longer trips in the sierras / mammoth area, though I doubt I'll be going out in the winter / snow for a while till I get a little more experienced. Obviously this will probably require two clothing sets, so that would also help.
Really appreciate it guys.
I did try a search, but it seems to be searching every post and not thread titles, so pretty much everything was coming up.