I dunno about where the rest of you live, but finding good beer here has become pretty tough.

I've heard the local distributors cut a deal with the Big Industrial Breweries to stop carrying beers from small independent brewers and those same Big Industrial Breweries bought up a bunch of the smaller ones I liked and then changed their recipes to use the same nasty hops or hop oil.

Imposter Beers

They all taste the same now. I call it "skunky" but it's generally described as "citrus" or "grapefruit".

For example, I used to be able to get "Anchor Brewing Company" beer here, but no more.

Worse yet, even all the locally owed breweries are using those crap hops. And everywhere I've went that's all you can find now.

Samuel Adams Boston Lager is one of the few beers not using those crappy skunkbutt hops, but's it's still nowhere near as good as it was 25 years ago.

As a nation, we are brewing the crappiest beer ever right now and it's shameful. Lucky for me I have found a good source for an imported Pilsner from Belgium, and a good IPA from New York, but I have to drive 30 miles to get them, so I buy as much as I can when I do.

It's a sad time for beer lovers across America cry

Edited by billstephenson (11/07/17 06:36 PM)

"You want to go where?"