I am headed out tomorrow for 2 trips/ 1 drive. The trailheads are only a hour apart, so instead of driving home and going back I am going to pick up new food and do the second trip at the same time. Since many others have listed their "kit", I will summarize the weight, but not list each item.

First is a 9-day trip to Blackcap Basin area in the Sierra, second 7-day trip to the lakes around Seldon Pass (on the PCT). Both trips I plan on a lot of off-trail travel and return on off-trail routes that will likely involve some bushwhacking. I plan to fish on both trips.

Blackcap trip- 8 days food/ 10 pounds/ 2295 calories per day
33.2 pounds total pack weight
5.2 pounds trekking poles/clothing worn/ camera on hip belt
28.0 pounds starting pack weight
16.1 pounds "base weight" on back/ 21.3 # incl. clothes worn

Seldon Pass trip- 6 days food/ 7.3 pounds/ 2273 calories p/d
27.6 pounds total
5.1 pounds clothing worn + trekking poles
22.5 pounds starting pack weight
14.4 pounds "base weight" on back/19.5 incl. clothes/poles/camera

Difference in gear (second trip vs first):
Ursack vs Bearikade
1 medium fuel can vs. 1 medium + 1 small
1 water bottle vs. 2 (have to climb a long dry stretch)
rimless mosquito net vs rim net
short gaiters vs long gaiters (anticipate more mosquitoes)

I am not 100% sure of the bear can requirements (they seem to change often) so may have to use the Bearikade on the second trip too. I will find out when I get my permits.

I am not bringing wading shoes on either (which I may regret!) but water is low this year. I also am not bringing rain pants. May have to throw them in for the second trip. Fishing gear is minimal - fly rod (case is a split foam), a few flies, short line, very small reel. I am bringing the larger pot instead of solo pot, because it is nearly impossible to cook fish in a solo pot! Fire restrictions are in effect so will not be able to cook fish on the fire. The diet is short on protein so I really do need to catch some fish.

I have a Tarptent Moment (2.5 lb with tyvak ground sheet and 6 stakes), and WM Super Antelope sleeping bag(10 degree bag, 3 pounds with stuff sack), and Golite Quest pack (3 pounds). Were it not for mosquitoes, I would take my bivy sack at 1#4 oz. If mosquitoes miraculously disappear by the second trip, I will do that (wishful thinking!).

As you can see I am not UL or even "light", but it works for me. I can get by on less food than most people so I guess I make up weight there. Also, I usually carry only half a liter of water (this is NOT included in my weight). I use chlorine tabs, and actually drink out of streams quite a bit. I will have to carry water the last day of both trips because they involve some dry off-trail walking.

Luckily, the second trailhead is close to Mono Hot Springs - - hot shower between trips! I will take the ferry across Florence Lake - it is a nice ride.