I was finally able to go out for a bp trip this month, making it at least one bp trip every month this year.:)

I only went 10 minutes from home a short drive to the PCT where to the north is the Bucks Lake Wilderness and the south is more of the PCT. I left my snowshoes in my truck, should have walked back and put them on as I was postholing to my knees a few times. Anyway, last night was just above freezing, I used my blue, 1/2" thick closed cell pad under my small, NeoAir pad. I left it fully inflated, although after you air it up, it looses pressure due to the hot air that was blown into it has cooled. I left it as it was, usually I have to let some air out to be comfortable anyway. My stragegy worked ok last night. I barely felt any cold from the ground if that was what I was feeling. Very happy with the results from sleeping last night, I even got a fair night of sleep in, only tossing and turning a little. I also had my WM 15 degree bag. Further testing in Yosemite in a few weeks maybe, if I go with the group for New Year's. Total weight for a pad system in the winter would then come to 22.8 oz. 9.3 oz. for the NeoAir and stuff sack, 13.5 for the blue pad. Not much of a savings over my Exped DAM9 pad which weights 27 oz.