I've been picking up some bits and pieces of information, and I'm hoping maybe some of you who are in the retail business or have contacts in the industry can clear this up.

As far as I can tell, no online retailer will now ship fuel canisters (federal regulations are usually cited as the reason.) I didn't figure that would be a problem until last weekend, when I noticed that my local retailer was sold out of MSR and Jetboil cylinders, and had only a few Optimus cylinders left. I overheard the salesman say that they were having trouble getting canisters shipped to them (and I have no reason to believe he was covering up possible problems at the store - they were stocking shelves with new inventory, and had just expanded store space; there were lots of customers there, and they were buying things.)

So, if we can't buy canisters online, and can't get them at retail stores - does this mean that someday in the not-too-distant future, we won't be able to use our canister stoves anymore?

Like I say, I'm probably blowing this out of proportion, but I thought I'd at least bring the subject up, and let those of you with solid information clear things up.