After bragging to OregonMouse how well my Marmot Precip raingear has held up, both the Jacket and Anorak have begun leaking. They lasted a long time...I can remember using the anorak as far back as 2006, and the jacket is slightly older. The anorak wasn't heavily used (mostly just carried), but the jacket has been used a lot. Most of the seam tape is loose on the jacket, and just a few spots on the anorak. The WP/B coating on the fabric seems OK except for a few small spots.

The question is, does it make any sense to try to re-seal them? Anybody done this? I've used both SeamGrip and TentSure on other items, but not clothing. Anything better?

Although the Marmot stuff is fairly light, I'd like to have one of the new ultralight rain jackets, but of course cost is a factor, and most of them get a lot of bad reviews, mostly indicating that they're only suitable for light or brief rain. The Montbell Versalite looks good, but $200 is a bit steep. The Lightheart Gear silnylon jacket seems like an option, but not breathable at all, though it has pit zips.

Any thoughts?