I'm new to TBF and this is my first post. My wife and I are soon to be "empty nesters" and we're going to transition from day hikers to "weekend backpackers" - 2 or 3 days on the trail, max. We will be traveling light, so a "do it all" shoe is a must. I am a bigger guy (6'5"/230) and want to move on from running shoes to a low top hiking shoe. I just came across the Merrell Ontario and am wondering if anyone can give me feedback as an owner of this shoe. I'll admit that the looks drew me to the shoe initially. But the Vibram sole seems to be a plus, and I've been happy with Merrell in the past. I don't need anything bombproof and will be in the woods on trail and in decent weather (no Gore-Tex, etc. needed). I'm hoping these will work as both hiking shoes and "around town"/work shoes as well.
Any feedback is helpful. I realize this model is very new, so maybe no one has tried them out yet.
I'm really excited to have found this community, and I'm also looking forward to springtime and getting outside!