My friend talked me into doing a three day backpack at Point Reyes National Seashore and there is a 90% chance of rain Sunday and Monday. I hate wearing rain gear, which in my case is Dri-Ducks, so I was thinking of bringing the rain gear, but also bringing an umbrella. I noticed on the weather report that the wind will vary from 6 to 21 mph. I'm wondering if it's feasible to use an umbrella in a 21 mph wind.

On a side note, Point Reyes is an interesting place. I've met and talked to three hiking celebrities there over the years, possibly because of it's proximity to San Francisco. Steve Young, former 49ers quarterback, Matthew McConaughy, and of all people, David Bowie. Matthew McConaughy was with girlfriend at the time Penelope Cruz, although I didn't know who she was until I got home and my wife pulled out a People magazine. She didn't say anything. They were all nice people, although David Bowie was a little reserved, in the typical English manner. Steve Young was acting goofy in a likable way, sort of like the Toyota commercials he does. McConaughy was especially friendly maybe because I'm an Irish-American like him.