My wife and I are studying abroad this semester. For our spring break week we're planning on heading across Europe, exploring. We plan to camp along the way to save money. What kind of gear should we make, and how do we make it without any tools? I'm trying to spend as little money as possible, because this gear will be left here. We have our setups at home, but didn't want to lug them across the ocean for a week's use.

We have our school backpacks, so we at least have some packs to use. We brought a lightweight sleeping bag and a blanket, and can use the sheets/blankets in the apartment I suppose.

I am looking at stoves currently and am debating between a wood burning stove and an alcohol stove. It will depend on what tools I need to make the stoves, I suppose. I have found a can stove or two that can be made with no tools (nothing more than scissors, at least). We already eat, and there are plenty of beverage cans thrown in the bushes, so materials are free for a non-wick stove.

We have a spork (mine broke during the trip), and can just use the silverware from the kitchen. We have a couple of pieces of tupperware that we can use as dishes.

I'm not quite sure about a pot yet. I haven't looked at any stores for a large can to use. I assume I can find a large Heineken can, or a large soup can of some sort. If not, then I figured I would buy an aluminum disposable turkey tray and cut/fold it to work.

I figure that a tarp will be enough shelter for the two of us, as long as it is large enough to double as a ground cloth. Any suggestions on making one?

Is there anything that I am overlooking? Any suggestions on best practices for gathering the materials or putting everything together?

Thanks in advance!