I whant to make my first backpacking travel

Posted by: Sulliotti

I whant to make my first backpacking travel - 11/13/14 05:53 PM

Hello Everyone, im 21 years old
And next year i whant to travel italy to backapage, cause my family is from there, i know the language. I just wanna know everything! Could you help me whit some advice? Where to go, cool places, trravel ideas to make cheaer the journey.
I really whant to do this, it's my dream haha but i have really NO Idea where to beging this adventure.
I already began to search hostel, places cities, etc. But i don't wanna go just in cities i wanna go "into the wild" if you know what i mean, Visit some lakes cool mountains.
thank you very much by the way!
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: I whant to make my first backpacking travel - 11/13/14 07:19 PM

Please note that this is not a travel site. It is about "backpacking" American style, which you probably call wilderness trekking. While many of us have done the sort of travel you contemplate, much of our travel was in the relatively distant past.

You will get far more help on a budget travel site such as Lonely Planet. I'd also suggest consulting a guidebook or two--they discuss mountains and lakes as well as cities, and there are guidebooks written specifically for those areas. The guidebooks I used most for European countries (of course that was 13-14 years ago) were Lonely Planet and Rough Guide. If you have library access, start there--even older editions are a good place to start.