Planning on Camping in a Natural Area Alberta

Posted by: CrowKel

Planning on Camping in a Natural Area Alberta - 06/25/10 04:47 PM

There are no signs posted saying no camping. I called Alberta Gov't today, they say as long as there are no signs that say no camping, you can.

Then I read that Provincial parks = no camping without permit. What about natural areas? "protected natural areas"? The lady from the Gov't prob hasnt camped in her lifetime, she didnt really understand the "Random Camping" bit??

Anyone with more info, please let me know. Its a $200 fine. I dont want to incurr that...
Posted by: AB'sCampgrounds

Re: Planning on Camping in a Natural Area Alberta - 06/26/10 07:48 PM

This is the best link we've found for random camping in Alberta. Not sure if the area you're interested is included but it seems current.

http://srd.alberta.ca/RecreationPublicUse/RecreationOnPublicLand/ForestLandUseZones/Default.aspx

Enjoy

Rod

www.albertascampgrounds.com

Re: Planning on Camping in a Natural Area Alberta - 06/28/10 03:21 PM

Thank you for that website, it actually has a lot of stuff that I was very interested in reading.

I really honestly did not know that there even was such as thing as legal random camping. I thought we were rebels and just camped wherever the crap we felt like!

Its actually a relief that its legal, cuz I am too old for RCMP to come and haul me away! lol!

So thanks,
Posted by: AB'sCampgrounds

Re: Planning on Camping in a Natural Area Alberta - 06/29/10 01:24 PM

My pleasure!

The land is ours to use and its seems like the government has no problem with that unless its abused.

Alberta is currently revisiting how our parks are classified in order to reduce the confusion about how they can be used. If you're interested, they have more information and an online survey on their website.

http://www.tpr.alberta.ca/parks/consult/legislation/

Enjoy your summer, now that its finally arrived!

Rod & D
Alberta's Campgrounds
www.albertascampgrounds.com

Re: Planning on Camping in a Natural Area Alberta - 06/29/10 01:58 PM

I just went and did the survey. Its kinda funny, I never knew there were 7 divisions of Alberta Parks. LOL! I thought maybe like 4-5, not 7! Yeah, they should scrape that down to 2!!!!! Absolutley. I think the biggest comment I left was less ATV trails, more foot-access only trails.

Thank you very much. This has given me a lot to thing about.

smile
Posted by: bigfoot2

Re: Planning on Camping in a Natural Area Alberta - 07/13/10 01:18 PM

You should see if Phat wants to go. He's great company (when not sponge bathing in the nude at your water source...but i digress), and is in Alberta. He probably knows if it's ok to camp there, also.

BF cool