Marmot bags

Posted by: Heintooga

Marmot bags - 02/10/08 05:43 PM

Anyone seen the new ones yet? I see trailspace has new pics and the pic quality is low.
Posted by: Aviprk

Re: Marmot bags - 02/10/08 09:21 PM

I've talked to a rep at Marmot and the new Helium has a passive collar which is an extension of the draft tube according to him. One reason I never got the Helium was the Half Zip. Solved. Another Reason was lack of draft collar. Partly solved.I might end up getting it if the weight is not outrageously over the 31oz claimed by Marmot (which will undoubtedly be higher)

Re: Marmot bags - 02/11/08 02:03 PM

I had a Helium and I truly liked the collar. I also had a Lithium which had a true collar but I wished it had the same collar as the Helium. I'd still have them if they'd been full zips but I sold them off and restocked with WM's because the full zips are more versatile.

Re: Marmot bags - 02/11/08 08:18 PM

WM bags are warmer, lighter and puffier than the Marmot bags. Why would you look elsewhere? Fit maybe? Most WM bags don't fit me very well. I'm not a big fan of WM straight barrel fit but prefer MH and Marmot's more streamlined fit.
Posted by: 300winmag

Re: Marmot bags - 02/11/08 10:37 PM

"Avi",

I have a WM Megalite. It's plenty big for me and I have a 42" chest. Plus, though it's rated to 30 F I've been fine in it at 22 F with only light long johns & stocking cap.
The Megalite is made for people who want a bit more shoulder room.

Eric

Re: Marmot bags - 02/12/08 01:00 AM

300winmag, when I meant rooom I meant more like lower body room. I've tried the Ultralite and though the room was very good at the upper body for me it was too tight at the knees. Going one step up the Megalite or Alpinlite are too roomy at the top (leaving me cold) but it still doesn't seem to give as much lower body room as the Marmot or MH bags such as the Helium or the Phantoms which is shaped more like a true barrel, thus there is more room around your elbows and knees.

Re: Marmot bags - 02/12/08 02:47 PM

It's Marmot's hip girth that fits me so well. Plus I could get shoes and a couple liters of water in the foot box. I have the WM Mitylie (40*), Sycamore (25*), Kodiak (0*) & Bighorn (-25*) and the only one I've used is the Mitylite. The Bighorn is for sale and I might sell the other two if I like the new Marmots.