"Winter" is relative. I think there is a distinct difference with high altitude, windy and heavy snow -- mountaineering tent you would use on Denali or Everest, or low altitude, wet, heavy snow, such as Oregon or Washington, or mid-altitude, dry, light snow such as Colorado. Also consider the average night temps- around zero? -40F? Do you expect 20mph winds, 60 mph winds, 100 mph winds?

The mountaineering tents are often quite specifically designed for mountaineering applications. For example, if you have to stomp out a platform to set up the tent, or if you plan on setting up on a small ledge, you then do NOT want a tent with a large footprint.

When I did winter mountaineering in Wyoming (many years ago), features I found very useful were: 1) two entrances - a regular front entrance and a tunnel entrance in the back that allows you to shake off snow before entering the tent. 2) attachements to hang a frost liner. 3) bombproof guy-lines 4) zippers that work when frozen, 5) zip out half-moon on bottom of tent to use to set a stove or pee -- I do not think they make these anymore. 6) taught springy set-up so that the numerous times you beat the walls of the tent to sluff off snow the tent does not get saggy. 7) good wind profile so it does not flap noisily all night.

I have not had any experience with the tent you mentioned. Sorry - no help there.