Quote:
Whaddya think of the MSR Hubba Hubba HP?
(2 man, yes, but with 2 entrances/vestibules)
I've used the Hubba Hubba HP both in the summer and winter several times and love it, but it does have it's limitations.

This tent was designed for light 4 season use, meaning that if your in an area that you don't suspect a large snowfall, then it is as good as any out there. The benefits (when compared to the original Hubba Hubba) it brings is far less mesh, more sturdy floor (10,000mm coating), reinforced guyout points, vents in the fly, etc. What it didn't improve on is the snowload capability. I've had it really staked down with the fly and I was surprised at how stable it was for a 4lb freestanding, doublewall tent, but it just isn't like a true 4 season tent.

I think one of the most stout yet packable 4 season two man tents is the MSR Fury. I would take it anywhere in the world at anytime. By using only 3 poles, the original Moss design is as capable as any tent on the market for withstanding heavy snowloads. If you already have a good 3 season tent, but want something that you just won't worry about in the winter whatever it brings, then this might be the tent for you. At only 6lb 4oz it isn't all that heavy when compared to similar tents in it's category. A couple of minor issues are that the doors are kind of small and the space is meant for two people only, no gear (the cealing sits rather high for easy changing and moving around). The hooped vestibule is nice and large enough to swallow all the extra winter gear. It has vents in the fly that can be buttoned down completely when there's a lot of wind and spindrift. The beauty of this tent is when it is set up, staked down, and, if necessary, guyed out, there won't be any movement at all, even in the most severe wind. You feel completely protected and sheltered inside which is always a good feeling. There is a certain amount of confidence in having a tent like this in that you know wherever you go and no matter how bad the weather gets, you'll be alright.

I guess you have to define what you need in a 4 season tent and where you'll probably end up going. Sometimes it's good to plan for the worst case scenerio, but if you know that you won't be in an area where you could encounter heavy snowfalls and super severe winds (60+mph) while winter camping, the Hubba Hubba HP is an excellent choice.