Double-walled tents with full fly coverage and storm flaps are more than "a bit" warmer than alternatives.

That said, most four-season campers don't need a "4-season" tent. You may well be an exception, but must unfortunately therefore tolerate much higher weight and expense in order to own a specialized piece of gear.

I use the Hex 3, now Shangri La, and the MSR Twin Peaks. Banked with snow, either of these are nearly as storm-proof as any tent on the market and are twice the size of certain two-person tents. Obviously they are only a fraction of the weight of a four-season tent.

These are of course "single wall" tents. Not as warm, and yes, there will be frost but....yeah whatever.

I hear the Megamid is frequently used as cook tent high on McKinley, sometimes with a bad outcome, possibly because less care is used for cook tent than sleeping tent, in terms of building snow walls. I certainly don't know.

But very few backpackers need to camp for extended periods in that sort of potential wind and snow dump. Comparatively benign weather is the norm.

I strongly suspect both the Hex and Twin Peaks are marginally more storm stable than the Megamid.

I saw a documentary about a traditional Alaskan trapper using something like the Ti Goat tents, a larger version of Hex. She traveled with a snowmobile and carried a chainsaw to fuel the woodstove, however.

Scott used something similar on his 1911 South Pole expedition. Everyone died, but not due to inadequate tentage.