Bigfoot,

Thanks for the Dragontail link. Very sturdy design.

After reading about TNF Spectrum condensation problems at BPL's "The G Spot" forum I'm veering away from single wall tents for winter.

When thinking about my double wall winter tenting experiences at single digit temps I realized that at least 1/2 of the frost condensation in the tents in the morning was on the underside of the fly, therefore not in the tent body, as it would be with a single wall tent. Plus I hsve the unscientific hunch that double wall tents would be a bit warmer as well.

If I DO get a nice double wall tent I'd likely put snaps at 6" intervals around the bottom inside edge of the fly to attatch homade silnylon snow flap extensions that I could bury to keep out spindrift and make the tent more stable in high winds. I'd use silnylon for the snow flaps on likelihood that silnylon material will shed frozen clumps of snow better when breaking camp. I may even use light Velcro between the snaps. It would all go together at home, before heading out to the Great White.

Eric