Quote:
what don't you like about it?

I like it well enough. I did go back and make a better pot support that dramically increased the boil time and decreased the amount of wood fuel that was required to reach boil. I will try to remember and photo it on my next trip. And I decided that I usually do not have two extra tent pegs and it was easier to just use a myog gram weinie with a very short windscreen as a back up alc stove. It fits perfectly in my snowpeak 900 so it goes in an outside pocket on my pack and the soot/smoke smell is not a problem. I did not feel the need to make a fire on my last trip so it may have subliminally taken care of that desire. The smoke keeps skeeters away while I cook and that is a good thing.
Its just a very simple to make, easy to use, fuel (weight) efficient way to cook. I could not imagine a long hike without one of these stoves in my pack.

I used to think that if you were going to firecook then just do it on the coals - why carry around a stinky old bush stove? My mind is changed. I never had a bush stove other than the Sierra Zip, and did not know the benefits. First of all, it is not that stinky, but it is sooty on the inside. A one gallon bag takes care of that. Secondly, it is the same principle as boiling water over an open fire to some extent - except that it does it in 1/4 the time with a lot less fuel and effort. And the best benefit is that for about 6 ounces I can cook as much as I want provided that conditions allow, ie rain. And to that extent it may be the limits of my fire building skills that determine when the bush stove stays in the pack and the alcohol stove comes out rather than a failure on the part of the bush stove.