I worked in a bike shop for several years. A competent mechanic should be able to get your old stem out....he may have to destroy it but not the rest of the bike. Then you could try this. I'm referring to the stem on the upper left, assuming it's compatible with your steering tube. If your bike is 10 years old you probably have an old school threaded steering tube. But if it's threadless there are risers on the website for those too. High rise bars will require new cables, cable housings, grips and possibly even brake levers. Aside from parts, labor will be expensive too unless you do it yourself. I'd recommend just the new stem first to see if it does the job without new bars.

Quote:
Of course my butt hurts too after a 30 minute ride or more, time to invest in one of those newer, made for men seats.

Are you referring to your skin or underlying tissue? If it's the latter, try adjusting the seat angle before you spend $$ on a new seat. Most seat posts will allow you up to 45 degrees of adjustment. Sometimes just a few degrees can make a world of difference.