Since you want to keep you pot I recommend you change the type of stove. The problem with stoves like your "super cat" (Jim Wood's term) is the wide flame pattern. Not a problem in and of itself but with a narrow pot it wastes a lot of heat/fuel. A narrower super cat will help a bit (I've made one from a trimmed V8 can) but stability will be an issue. With a narrow pot you will have a high center of gravity for a given volume of water (compared to other pots) so tipping will be a problem.

What you want for a narrow pot is a narrow flame. That really means that the stove can't be the pot stand because the flame must come out the top and not the sides. The two that come to mind that have the narrowest flames are both at SGT Rock's site

http://hikinghq.net

The first is the time honored cat stove made from two cat food cans and some insulation. It's still a great stove.

The second is SGT Rock's invention and it is called the ION stove.

Both produce a very hot flame from one large hole in the middle of the top which will work well with your narrow pot. Then fashion a simple pot stand and you are good to go.

Have fun! But I warn you, stove making is a bit addictive! I can't tell you how many I've made just for kicks.