Quote:
Tools should be used for their intended purpose - chopping wood with a tiny little knife is not a good idea. And why would you. I have camped for a long time and have never, ever, ever , not once, ever HAD to chop wood. I have chopped wood with a hatchet, but I did not have to.
Exactly which survival situation are we considering that would necessitate the use of a fixed blade over a folding knife?
Knives are cool- and the one you have shown in your post is a real beauty - but chopping wood with a knife is about as useless as shaving your butt hair with one in my opinion.

I hear you. I am not a big chopper of wood but have used knives to split wood to get to the inside where its dry for a fire. This is mainly while car camping which I really don't do much of. I don't think one would ever want to chop wood with a small knife.

The question about a fixed blade over a folder is just a matter of preference to us all. I carry an SAK and that is a folding knife. Fixed blades would be better suited for day hiking without a full pack where you may get lost or need to spend an unexpected night or two in the forest. You can't baton wrist size pieces of wood for an emergency shelter or get to the dry wood if its damp with a folding knife.