Okay here's another common issue I'd like to hear feedback on. I'm sure you have all had this experience. I bought some nice titanium stakes a while back and now I don't have as many as I did when I bought them. The missing stake is in the dirt. I know about where it is approximately but I just couldn't find it. Titanium looks too much like, well, dirt.

What do people do to keep their stakes from disappearing? I've thought of reflective paint or maybe reflective tape. Does that work for anyone?

I considered tying my stakes to the guy line rather than just looping the guy line over them. But I always end up re-tightening my lines after setup and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do that if the stakes are tied to the lines.

Thoughts?

Heber

P.S. Sorry for all the questions I've been asking lately. It's been so wet around here (with some pretty severe flooding) that I haven't been able to get out on the trail like I'd like (last weekend I was sandbagging instead). Thinking about hiking and gathering knowledge from more experienced hikers is the next best thing.