that's funny, earthling! i can feel that sticky powder now!

i flew from reno to vegas last fall. i have not flown in about 5 years. in reno, they x-ray'ed the checked luggage right next to the line-up maze. i got to see what happens to some bags.

i was flying to a conference with my boss. he was just diagnosed diabetic, and had packed a ton of diabetic food- diet sodas, shakes, snack bars, etc. he had packed a huge duffel with food and his clothes. (i, on the other hand, packed light & could have gone carry-on even with twice the clothes! gotta love the ultralight training!)

his bag was opened, and the food inspected- they seemed to pay attention to the canned drinks. the cans were individually "swabbed" and the swab tested. this went on for about 10 minutes. eventually they zipped the bag up and let it go.

if i was the one flying, i would:

avoid packing liquids. do not bring re-packaged liquids.

consider bringing food in its commercial packaging (avoid earthling's powder problem) and have a written plan with ziplocks for repacking at your destination

always have a written menu/inventory/recipes of my food packed separate from the food. that way, if the food gets lost or confiscated, i can more easily re-create or replace it, without having to remember all the meals, snacks, etc.

pack the food separate from my gear, lest while inspecting some piece of gear gets separated from my bag, or the bag re-open en-route.

other option: mail it ahead and avoid the air travel paranoia!