Hi Kate. It is a simple design. With the exception of the grommets and drawstring idea. It can be tricky. But I am no good at button holes. As for your question about the zipper. There is none. I don't know what you mean by baffle storm flap. I don't have it against the skin too often. In the summer I wear only a t-shirt and my hike pants and don't find it clammy. I made a few red ones out of ripstop and never felt clammy. My personall quilt is the grey Momentum and it feels like soft silk. I don't see the big difference between ripstop and momentum and I have used them both. Momentum feels nicer but you only get that benifit if you sleep naked. I usually am in a bivy and if there is any clammy feelings it is the bivy not the ripstop specifically. I have used a liner but it is really awkward with a quilt. I have used it in a hammock for years and that is the most comfort I have ever had. I hate getting into a sleeping bag in a hammock. A quilt just makes sense in a hammock. Easy to get in and out of or kick off. When I was in the Grand Canyon last year I was testing out some quilts and it was 75 degrees at night. I had a ID poncho tarp, Mountain Laurel Superlight bivy and a quilt. I did not need the quilt since it was warm but it was also so windy I needed the bivy. I had sand and dirt all over my face and used a bug net to help filter the dirt. My friend had a pad and slept out in the open and his bag got real dirty. So my quilt stayed clean and the bivy came in handy. It was a clammy night from the warmth and bivy combo. I don't wash quilts or sleeping bags in the washing machine just air out and spot clean. They are light so there isn't the same heaviness you get from them being completely wet and possibly ripping the shell material from the weight of the water and sag of the quilt. A bivy keeps them clean. A liner will keep sleeping bags interior clean but not the same with quilts. Hope this rambling answers at least one of your questions.