I get these small hard first aid kits from our Fire Dept. Or you can buy them for $3.50. I like the protective box:
Scroll down to Item FA-112 http://www.cpr-savers.com/consumer/cons1.html
When I use an item, I resupply it.
“First Aid Kit Includes:
(2) Extra-strength non-aspirin tablets
(2) Ibuprofen tablets
(1) First aid guide
(6) 3/4"x3" Curad® adhesive plastic bandages
(10) 3/8"x1-1/2" Curad® junior plastic bandages
(1) 1-1/2"x1-1/2" Curad® patch plastic bandage
(1) Large butterfly wound closure
(3) Alcohol cleansing pads
(3) Antiseptic cleansing wipes (sting free)
(1) Antibiotic ointment pack
(2) Aspirin tablets
First Aid Kit Dimensions: 4-3/4"x3-3/4"x1/2"
How do I resupply the Ibuprofen tablets? I like how they originally come prepackaged. This keeps out moisture. Well I bought a box of prepackaged Ibuprofen’s at a grocery store.
Ironically my little kit gets more use during group bike trips than backpacking trips.