Quote:
FROLDT, I also did a search for the Kassnar backpack, only came up with guns. Possibly the pack was designed as hunter's pack and has special clips or a pouch to carry a hunting rifle. You should be safe hiking during hunting season with all that orange coloring. The external frame design will cause you some problems if you go off trail.. as it will snag every limb it comes near. On the other hand, with external frames you can carry extra gear way beyond the packs assigned capacity... you can even hang the proverbial kitchen sink on them. Like you, I too like FREE stuff. Brum

I can't find anywhere that would be specifically made to carry a rifle, that I can see. -shrugs- Either way, it'll for for me as I get more experience.
This bag's at least twice the size of the school backpack I've carried the last two times. At least I can get most everything inside of it (stuff's bulky more than heavy) with this bag!

Hmm... I'm not sure how much off-trail we'll be doing, at least for awhile. However, I will definitely pay attention to how often I have problems.

Thanks!