I sympathize with Bearpaw. I am online a lot for work, so I spend more time here trying to get away from actually working than I should. (I work for myself, so it's not like I am taking time away from anyone but myself.)

btw, I know someone who got fired for spending too much time online at work, so I don't recommend it-you have no expectation of privacy on a company computer, regardless of what you are doing.

I should try to get out more. That's my goal anyway.

The challenge here for long-time members is that we see the same questions over and over-there are only so many questions, when you really think about-down v. synthetic; tarp v. tent; shoes v. boots, and a few more. It's easy to get burned out after seeing wool v. synthetics posted over and over, but to a newbie, it's their first go around with the issue.

This is one reason I tend to recommend using search, using Yahoo, or reading books, like The Complete Walker in response to many questions.

If someone says, "I have looked everywhere and am not sure which is better for me" I am more likely to answer that than just the "I am just starting out, tell me everything I need to know" kind of question.

I know we have added some FAQs, but human nature is to ignore the obvious and look for the easy solution.