“So, how do I get everything you described with the sandal, but eliminate debri getting between my feet and the sole?”

Actually, I also thought this was typical and lived with it for several years. But the problem was practically eliminated when I switched to the Terra Fi2 over a year ago. I was surprised. It seems the lip around the heel and-- cinch it tight --kept rocks and twigs from going under the feet. What’s ironic is my hiking buddies stop and dump out rocks out of their shoes more often than me getting a rock stuck. I may have to stop once every 4 hours.

“The other problem, when I walk in water, rocks likes to get stuck under my toes, feet, and between the sole and my foot. It is pretty annoying.”

When walking in a super sandy creek, there will be sand that flows up, in, and around the foot. But it didn’t bother me while in the water. It’s when I get out of the water is when it starts bothering. Again, just keep that sandal cinched tight. Before coming out, wiggle the foot in the water and usually all the debris washes out. Plus the sandal looks clean. If I’m going to be in the water a lot, I don’t wear a sock; but the other 99% of the time, a sock also helps keep debris out, blisters gone, and feet cool (in hot weather), and feet warm (in cool weather).

One other pointer, I have about 1/2” from my big toe tip to the top edge of the sandal (when my foot is shrunk). This also helps in keeping debris out and protects against the stubbed toe (knock on wood).

The back strap only needs to be adjusted once so that your arch rests perfect. Actually, it will take a little bit of playing on the first day.

I’ve tried Keen sandals but was disappointed in their weight. They made my feet sweat more than trail runners. My pinky always rubbed.

-Barry