Dryer, I think the newer ones are actually the 123R model. Mine is the old style, no self-cleaning jet and is definitely a 123 because it has an elaborate "SVEA 123" name stamped or engraved on the top of the fuel tank along with "Made in Sweden." MIne also has the downward pointing valve stem. The later ones have a horizontal valve stem.

There is a store in Tustin, CA that carries parts for all kinds of stoves. They sell the 123R, self-cleaning, with the pot stand/windscreen and little pot that fits over the top for $96. I think this is what is known as the Climber 123R because it has the pot and windscreen with it.

Mine fits into the Sigg Tourist cookkit which has a big windscreen and pots that stack on top of it. If anyone is all that interested, I will post some pictures. I had some up at one time, but can't find them and the link is broken, so no idea what happened there.

Totally old school, but it is a proven design from the late 1800's and except for the self-cleaning feature, pretty much the same as it was back then. You can be lighter and fancier, but if I was to be stuck somewhere for a long time, this is what I would want.

Back in the 80's, all the huts (at least all the ones I was in) in NZ had a couple of the Primus kerosene versions of these in them-same principle as the white gas versions and just about idiot-proof.

A&H Packstoves
1562 Parkway Loop, Suite A, Tustin, California. 92780
Phone 714-258-2525
Fax 714-258-7077
A&H

Edited by TomD (09/08/07 11:31 PM)