We just had a nice backwoods bass over the fire this weekend. It was wrapped in tinfoil but not before the spices were added to it. I think my buddy used some sole seasoning. Then he put it in a fish shaped metal grill that closes and just flipped it once. It came out really nice. The only other way I know of to eat fish in the back woods is on a nice flat rock. If its your fire and you control the flame then you can do it right and very nice. I like a nice flat rock placed against the side of the fireplace stones or concrete. Put the fish in the center of the stone (stone should be bigger then the fish your cooking) and occasionally pour a little beer over him. Use about a half can total and that should be enough. You want a good hot fire but not so hot it burns the fish in 30 seconds. Where the fish is you should be able to hold your hand but only for a second or 2. If your using the willow spits then take two much smaller spit sticks (the size of large toothpicks) and stick it through the trout sideways and behind the main spit and make sure they are a few inches apart. That should allow you to rotate the trout without losing him. Swizzle