I was wrong about the winds yesterday--I was checking Wunderground weather stations for the Sonoma area and they all showed very low winds---but there was enough to push the Nuns fire into NE Sonoma, where some houses burned. They did get that portion contained by yesterday evening, and as far as I know, General Vallejo is still keeping watch over historic Sonoma Plaza. I couldn't manage to upload his photo, but he's still at the top of the City of Sonoma Facebook page.

I haven't heard since yesterday afternoon from daughter and SIL. They are out doing volunteer work so, I'm sure, are very busy. The map (supposedly continuously updated) shows no red dots anywhere near their home.

Per the local news, the winds really have died down, and, per the NWS, it appears there is a good chance of rain later this week--not enough to put the fires out, but enough to dampen them down and allow the crews finally to contain the things.

We've had an early start on the fall rains up here in the Northwest, which has allowed Oregon and Washington to send lots of fire crews and equipment down to you in northern California. I pray that you California folks also get an early start on your rainy season!

#sonomastrong

#napastrong

Stay safe!