They have evacuated the northeast part of the City of Sonoma and areas along highway 12 all the way to Santa Rosa. The threat there is the Nun Fire which is only 5% contained, but is now receiving the highest priority. The State Parks folks have removed the historic artifacts from the Sonoma Mission, the barracks, and General Vallejo's home (he was the last Mexican governor of California, treated rather roughly by the "founders" of the California Republic, but he continued to live the rest of his life in Sonoma--his lovely home is part of the state historic park). The statue of General Vallejo, wearing a particulate mask and festooned with "thank you" signs for the firefighters, continues to keep watch over the mostly deserted historic Sonoma Plaza.

The Sonoma Valley Hospital where my SIL works won't evacuate until it becomes mandatory, although they are preparing in case.

Still OK at my daughter's place. So far, the forecast high north winds haven't hit. Their van is loaded, my SIL continues to hose things down, and their dog is staying right next to the van to be sure they won't leave without him!

Stay safe!

Edited by OregonMouse (10/14/17 02:02 PM)