Originally Posted By Glenn Roberts

Do you think that we we soon will/already have exceeded the carrying capacity of the Earth, and/or its ability to recover (if we do wise up)? Assuming the capacity is around 4 billion, it raises the question: which 6 billion have to go (and how do we do it)?

Does this bother anyone else? Any ideas?

I've been away for a few years because of a series of problems. First, my son had Lyme Disease for a couple years. Then I pulled an Achilles tendon. This year, I managed to knock myself out in June, and I didn't feel steady enough on my feet to walk much for a couple months. Nothing serious though.

Personally, I feel we are well past the tipping point, and there is nothing left to do. It's not only global warming. Too many species are going extinct. The ocean has been largely destroyed. The soil is getting steadily destroyed. We haven't been able to grow any vegetables in years. Others in town are saying the same thing.

The average person in the U.S. is being priced out of living. Forget about saving for retirement, buying a house, having children, saving for college, paying medical bills.

Our food is making people overweight and sick. The food today makes Twinkies look like health food.

We need to stop immigration. I'm tired of seeing people coming here from Texas and California and ruining the Colorado mountains. The Texans are the worst because they always say how great Texas is. If it's so great, why don't they go back?

I think the end will come quickly when it comes. I think it was Adam Smith who studied the fish populations in ponds. The population would steadily increase until it suddenly went to almost zero. Then it stayed low until it suddenly increased. Chaos theory explains this nicely.