Thanks WD. I've seen this guided trip as well, when I was researching doing my own variation of the traverse a few years ago now. I did the traverse to Boundary Peak in a heavier than normal snow year then, but apparently it was nothing like this year. The road is still closed from Schulman Grove on.

So the current plan is to drive up and spend 2 days getting acclimated/ hiking/ conditions. She's never used snowshoes or "snow camped", so we will be prepared to do these things and do an overnighter to White Mountain. I was told by the Ranger Station we could just leave an itinerary in the front window of the car and go. Even if we don't need the snowshoes at the start, we will bring them along just in case. If it seems too much for her, we will just turn back and I'm going to bring enough food for 2 days just in case.

This is also sort of a shake down trip for me, as I plan to get on Ellingwood Ledges with a friend of mine later this summer; either late July or early August. Last August I took a lead fall and broke my ankle, so I'm just getting moving again so to speak. I have been hiking a lot for prep so the ankles good to go and there will be plenty of snow to ice it with smile