We have the Lightheart Duo, which is similar in set up to the Solong. It does have condensation issues (as do single walls in general) and we've found it needs a heavier stake to hold out the long planes of the tent. We use MSR mini-groundhogs, rather than Ti shepard hooks. Although I corrected one small seam leak after having it sealed in the factory (they reimbursed my 35.00), after that it's been dry. Last month we were camped on the Pacific, fully exposed at Point Reyes NP. We went through a night where we received 2" of rain and gusts went over 50. One of the worst storms I've been in, and fairly relentless for hours. Though there was 2" standing water outside , none came in through the tub, and though some sprayed in through the sidewall mesh, it was understandable, as the rain was coming in horizontally off the ocean. I have found with single wall tents, microfiber towels are a must. There were many REI dome tents in use at the backcountry camp we were in, they apparently ALL leaked and went partially down during the night, and a few other mfg.s, too. About 2lb-8oz for us with polycryo groundcloth for a ton of room for 2 people and now- peace of mind when it starts to blow. We had been through a number of rain events, just not a near typhoon.

Edited by bluefish (05/16/17 08:40 AM)