Take a look at Deuter packs. They're a German company, so I assume they would be readily available. They have very sturdy suspensions, very comfortable hipbelts, and get consistently high ratings.

They have one other feature that you might find useful: many of them hold a basic low volume of gear, and have the ability to expand (get taller) to hold an extra 10 to 15 liters of stuff. For example, I've used the Deuter ACT Zero 50+15. It holds 50L in its compact form, and 65 liters in its expanded form. I think it sells for about $190 US; the Fovero is about $200 US. They also make other, larger volume packs, many in the same price range. (There are an ACT Lite 50+10 and 60+10 - the larger packs costs $20 US more.)

The ACT 50+15 and ACT Lite packs also weighs about half as much as the Fovero.

The only reason I'm not still using the Deuter pack is that is was overkill for my needs - I went to a pack that weighed about half to two-thirds what the Deuter packs weigh.

I'd highly recommend that you take a look at Deuter before you settle on a pack. You might even have a nearby shop that carries them, which makes your problem a little easier to solve.

As far as that J-lock zippered access, I don't really like it that much. It's one more zipper that can fail, for one thing. But, mostly, I've always been able to organize my pack in such a way that I don't need to get into the main compartment during the day while I'm hiking. I can fit all the snacks, first aid kit, hats, gloves, extra clothing layer, map, compass, water and water filter in the pack's outside pockets and lid. Since I don't get into the pack while I hike, the extra access to the inside is a worthless feature to me. (I don't use crampons, so a crampon panel is a waste, too.) As Karen Berger put it, "You can find packs with lots of bells and whistles, but they're dead weight if they bells you won't ring and whistles you won't blow." I think most experienced backpackers would agree that simpler is usually better.