I am currently 64 and most of what I struggle with is trying to get my pack weight down to a more manageable level. I project New England from June through October.
My boot weight is good and I am moving increasingly toward trail shoes with some kind of light camp shoe as backup.
Tent? In bug weather that could be an issue as the lightest tent I have is like 5+ lbs. I have a couple of ultralights at 3 lbs. or so.
I am undecided about a stove as I am used to the liquid fuel stoves at like a pound and a half or so, but maybe something like a solo stove might get the weight down by another half pound. But then, I will need a paste fire starter.
I have a crappy duck down bag that is suitable only for really warm weather, but in summer it should not be an issue.
I am not sure how much more I can do as I have no use for ultralight packs.
I am still stuck at like 30 to 34 lbs. for a long weekend. If I am going to do much, it will need to be more like 24 lbs. (My food is at least 2 lbs. per day.)
Distance? I find people much younger than me struggle to do more than 10 miles a day on the Long Trail. Even on the AT, most of the folk I meet hover around that number. I would love to think I could get up to 15 miles a day, but unless I can get my gear weight down and train more, I suspect I am SOL.