Originally Posted By Barefoot Friar

Good point about the light. The inflatable lantern can go; it was for camp use, but I can just cut a strip from an old milk jug that will rubber band onto the flashlight and make a decent, if somewhat hokey-looking, replacement. I avoid using the phone as a flashlight unless I'm near a wall plug because it sucks the battery down, so I can't really consider the phone as a light source except for short periods and in emergencies. I'll consider leaving it and the battery pack at home, which will save about a pound.

The battery pack itself is a phone charger; it won't charge my flashlight batteries. The flashlight batteries are AAA. (It was unclear from your post, BZH, whether you realized that or not; apologies if I'm misreading you.) For anything less than a week I think I can get by with just the lithium batteries in the flashlight; no spares. So that saves an ounce.

I understood, I was trying trying to point out that you appear to have many layers of redundancy in your electronics. I was trying to keep my advice vague so you could decide for yourself what is important. Personally if you are in an area that gets cell reception, it could be a life saver. If you have your cell, you have a backup light source (probably don't need backup batteries for your flashlight). Also, if you have a cell phone and get service you might feel comfortable slimming down your first aid (you don't need to be prepared for as extended of a period away from civilization).

If your cell phone has a replaceable battery, carrying a spare battery is probably lighter than the recharger.